Wednesday, November 19, 2008

acquired tastes

People always say you have to acquire the taste of beer or coffee or something else that tastes bad to most people. Well let me be the first to say I love coffee and I love.. DARK beer. I don't drink that nasty light or lite beer. I don't drink nasty gas station coffee. I'm particular. I think anyone who drinks those beers is not in any way shape or form drinking them because of taste. A good oatmeal stout, now that has flavor. I could go into the whole christian element right now and debate whether alcohol is wrong. As someone who used to consider it wrong I can understand your point of view. If you abuse it then it can be a totally bad thing. But the bible warns of the abuse and being held captive by it. If I'm addicted to fast food or tv or caffine it would have the same effect on my life. It would suck time, money, and enjoyment out of it. So this is my stance. I am old and smart enough to regulate myself, I don't get drunk, I don't drink excessively, and it would be out of the ordinary for me to drink 5 beers in a month. But enough of all that. I do really enjoy coffee. I love sipping it on a winter morning while I'm relaxing and taking my morning slow. Unfortunately I have allowed myself to become a little too fond of Starbucks mochas. I love them and I want them all the time. Is that so wrong? Probably since they cost 3 or 4 bucks depending on size. It's all Davy Rudolph's fault. He introduced me to the devil. I didn't even like hot drinks at Starbucks. See how it can twist something so pure?

on a different note this blog has been a little too serious so far. I think I need to have more fun...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I apologize dear friend. You should also try the zebra mocha. It's not as painfully sweet as the white mocha. Here I go again tempting you to a beverage. Cheers buddy!

Joe B said...

You are an evil, evil man. Dark beer AND topless on the internet. Time for an intervention...

Joe B said...

Darker is better. I like beer so heavy you go looking for a toothpick afterwards